1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Run Al Run

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 27, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm looking outside my window for that swarm of locusts the moment I get done typing this post.

Seriously, he's not the worst candidate, for sure. I don't think he polarizes people to the extent that the Clintons or the Bushes do, which is good, because undecided voters won't write him off on name alone.

If he's had any second thoughts about 2000, then he ought to run again and see what happens this time.

If he did win the Democratic nod to run for president, while Obama would be a great choice, I wonder if Hillary would get the veep nod in part because of his service for her husband.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's had one chance at the presidency...1 1/2 if you count his brief 1988 run.

He is, by far, the best candidate out there. His campaign slogan should be "See? I told you so."

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Plus, his SNL work has been hilarious.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Spot on!

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

This cannot be underestimated. :)

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Mr. Lugz and I are big Gore supporters.

8. boots

boots New Member

If you can't win your home state, you don't deserve to be President of the United States. That's all I have to say about that.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I heard an amazing statistic on the news today: Every non-incumbent Republican frontrunner going into the primaries has won the GOP nomination going back to something like 1940, while none of the Democratic frontrunners have in the same time frame, with one exception — Mondale in 1984.

So it will probably be McCain vs. Someone Besides Hillary in 2008.

Why not Al?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gore has much more influence vis a vis his core issue of global warming by not running. He's just another candidate with issues to push if he does run. By not running, he will insure all the actual Democratic candidates must make nice with him on global warming.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

A good point. Think Obama or Hil would win TN? I say we ask Harold Ford his thoughts... :)

Edwards, yeah, I could see that.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

John Edwards is no lock to win North Carolina. [/JesseHelms]

Draft saved Draft deleted