1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rumors swirling of possible Guns 'n Roses reunion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Nov 13, 2015.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Watched a concert from London in 2012 that VH1 aired recently. Axl was by far the least interesting part of it. Izzy was the only other original member included, and it seemed they had 3 guitarists to replace Slash. But it was a damn good show.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Seeing them tonight. Can't wait. An interesting legacy for a band. They were one of the last true rock star bands - you knew every member's name. They also served as kind of a transition between hair no sense and Nirvana. Of course, they were still putting out huge hits after grunge broke.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine saw G-n-R in Kansas City the other night, and said it was a great show. Axl, he said, had put on weight but still sounded really good, and he said Slash was all kinds of awesome.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I would agree with that. Axl doesn't look like he's 25 any more, but he looks like a normal 50-something year-old guy. He doesn't look like some of the more unflattering memes. It's hard to believe it's been 23 years since they played together. They sounded like a professional, uber-competent stadium rock act.

5. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I'm going to their show at Gillette next week. Looking forward to it. One of my favorite bands and I never got to see them live. Had tickets to see them at the Palace of Auburn Hills on the Use Your Illusion tour but they cancelled the show (IIRC, the Michigan State Police announced that if Axl showed up, they were going to arrest him and extradite him to Missouri for starting the St. Louis riot). Never had another opportunity (I wasn't going to pay to see Axl with Buckethead and Bumblefoot instead of Slash and Duff).

Draft saved Draft deleted