1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rumors swirling of possible Guns 'n Roses reunion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Nov 13, 2015.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Oooh! Oooh! Mistah Kottah!

Steak Snabler likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Is this a trick question? I feel like I am going backwards in time.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night.

So, Jeff Beck pops his head around the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So, we go. And it's closed. So there's me and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son, well that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really.

But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"The guys get SHIRTS!"

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Have wasted much time reading the band riders on Smoking Gun. Some of them are really funny (there is a Foo Fighters one that comes to mind) and while I get everyone wants booze and food, I laugh when i read the ones asking for cigarettes, t-shirts, socks and underwear. Fuck off, buy your own shit.

Riptide and Steak Snabler like this.
  6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, please, let Snoop Dogg's rider mandate gin and juice

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Huggy. Food and drink. Maybe a few packs of smokes? But anything else? Fuck off.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Clothing makes sense if you think about it. The band is on the road, might not be in town very long before going to the next stop, I doubt they have time to do laundry very often. Plus, performing on stage makes them a disgusting, sweaty mess. Getting the promoter to throw in some free, cheap clothes to change into seems like a convenience, if not a necessity.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

True but many riders also include the availability of runners to do just about anything the band needs, including laundry and dry cleaning.

10. It's starting already ... Axl was supposed to be on Kimmel tomorrow night ... Supposed to be. ...

Axl Rose No Longer Appearing On Jimmy Kimmel Tomorrow?

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Tix go on sale for Coachella tomorrow and I will be buying. Even if GNR doesn't show, the whole festival will compensate.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Rancid still exists?

Draft saved Draft deleted