1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R'uh r'oh, Penguins fans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Mar 5, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Fast Eddie wasn't governor back then. That was Tom Ridge.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Doug Favell!!!

Nice job, but where's Gerry Cheevers and the stitches mask? That would be cool.

3. Claws for Concern

Oh, and bye-bye Penguins, enjoy the move!

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You're right. My bad.

5. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

fuck off claws, there is still some hope ... http://postgazette.com/pg/07065/767149-53.stm

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

To quote Ellis Redding from The Shawshank Redemption:

"Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man crazy."

I'd say it's about an 80 percent chance the Penguins are on their way to Kansas City. My sympathies to Pittsburgh, but I'm really looking forward to the move.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I guess that's what we should expect from the assholes who turn the end of the national anthem into "...and the home of the Chiefs."

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Sorry, but the 20,000 or so hockey fans in Pittsburgh -- give 'em credit, they all go to games -- are not going to tip an election one way or another.

9. Twoback - There's way more than 20,000 hockey fans in Pittsburgh, Allegheny County and Western PA.

10. Claws for Concern

If the Penguins move, Bettman's out of a job. Yes? No?

11. Claws for Concern

Dude, I'm a Devils fan. I first followed the franchise when it was the Colorado Rockies, who were the KC Scouts before that. I've even stuck with the Devils when it looked like they'd go to Nashville. Deal with it!

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Why? If the Penguins move, they'll get a much better arena deal than they would by staying, and that would make the few owners seeking new arena deals quite happy.

Draft saved Draft deleted