1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudy's Campaign Hits Another Bump

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So who, in your mind, is ready to be POTUS? The former mayor, the flip-flopping gentleman from Arizona? Who?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

How about a Governor from Texas who doesn't know his ass from a fucking hole in the ground? That really has worked out well.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

We have no more statesmen. Projecting a winner now is about as certain as a computer's random number generator.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

I think it might be time to kill the 2-term limit.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

At this point, I'd say McCain and Giuliani have the experience (long tenure in the Senate and running this country's biggest city should mean something), but not necessarily the skills.
    In other words, this field sucks.
    Gore would be crazy not to run.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why? So the worst and dumbest President in history could totally fuck up for four more years?

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Two hundred years from now people will look back and pinpoint the 2000 election as the exact point where our country made the wrong turn, veered off the road, crashed through a guardrail and plunged 800 feet to the hard, dusty floor of an abandoned quarry.

8. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I have plenty of issues with Hillary, but if she were president, having Bill Clinton on hand would be nothing but positive. The idea it would be a "shadow presidency" is juvenile.

9. Well, as long as he has an experienced, veteran VP there to guide him....wait, no.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

How is it juvenile?
    Tell me he's not going to make the decisions.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My nightmare is that it's Thompson and Clinton...

I hope it's Giuliani and Obama...

I can't imagine that southern voters would vote for Hillary... She seems too polarizing to win a general election, but I could be wrong...

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You don't need the South to win.
    All you need to do is swing one of the border states and claim the northeast, the Pacific coast, the upper Midwest and Ohio. That's enough to win it. Throw in Florida and you got a landslide.
    In Hillary's case, all the states that went Kerry, plus Arkansas and either Ohio and Florida and she's the next president.

Draft saved Draft deleted