1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudy: Vote Republican or YOU WILL DIE

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog428, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I find this comforting, because though I've never seen his show, I heard so much about it, and knew how smart & talented he is (almost as smart & talented as he thinks he is) from the old SC days, but this is not very good. It might rev up the troops, but won't convert the undecided.

2. On some of these issues, GI, there are no Undecideds any more.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I do not recall Democrats saying that the earth will blow up if a Republican is elected. Some have stated that Global Warming won't be addressed or that an attempt to rectify the problem won't come with a Republican in charge. And, let's look at the facts, that statement is true.

To argue that people will definitively die, not just that attempts will be made but that people will be dead, is scare tactics. It is also bullshit.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

OK, but then let's realize that all of these programs are no more than entertainment - letting people feel good about what they already believe by hearing it said prettier than they ever could say it, and giving them a script for the water cooler or message board.

5. hpdrifter

hpdrifter Member

Not to go all political (as a proud independent) on here, but wasn't I paying $1.38 for gas when Clinton was in office?

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He might be a New Yorker, but he's hardly a liberal the way the word gets used nowadays. He's pitching himself as a fiscal conservative, which is what the Republican party used to stand for. And he is a law & order, strong defense, proactive on terrorism candidate, again things the Republicans fancy themselves. His abortion stance, aside, no one would call him a liberal. Ralph Nadar would sooner punch Giuliani in the head than hold hands with him and sing Kumbaya.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

He does, however, allow the police to "liberally" abuse, beat, sodomize and kill prisoners, suspects and innocent people who look like someone else.

8. He's a dangerous, authoritarian yahoo who should be kept away from the new, improved expanded federal police powers for the same reason we keep Charlie Manson away from knives.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Very good description, FB. No wonder Bush likes him

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Junk, that's crap, and what's worse is you know it.

Hell, gravity is only a theory.

The Earth is getting warmer. Human life is having an affect on the Earth's temperature.

And no serious people are arguing otherwise.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Too bad that didn't happen after the 93 attack.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Technically, isn't evolution just a theory, too? :)

Draft saved Draft deleted