1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudy swings at Obama; Barack strikes back

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Interesting to note, the 0-2 count is actually Rudy's success rate in marriage. Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week!

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not to mention what his kids think of him as a father and a presidential candidate.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would be giddy if it was Obama vs. Giuliani in the general election... I really like both of them a lot... I think both would be great presidents...

It just scares me that it seems like Hillary is going to cakewalk to the nomination. I hope it doesn't happen...

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rudy and his band of wacky advisors is the scariest candidate by far.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

If Rudy was as level-headed and pragmatic about foreign policy as he was about immigration, homosexuality and gun control, I wouldn't mind him winning.

Of course his foreign policy positions are the main thing keeping him a Republican, and the leader in the polls.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

A Giuliani administration would make the Bushies look like champions of civil liberties.

And how can the holier-than-thou Republicans (the faith-based crew) condone Rudy's immoral behavior while Mayor of NYC and his nearly inhuman treatment of his ex-wife?

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Winning is the only thing.

8. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Sign up for the new class, everyone. It's Missing the Point 101, taught by old_tony.

My point wasn't that Obama swung and missed, or whatever baseball analogy you want to make. It was that he found the loop hole in Giuliani's reasoning and he used it. It's politics. Most people don't know how involved Giuliani is with his law firm, but his name is on it, and it is representing Hugo Chavez's oil company. And that, regardless of the details, makes Rudy look like a hypocrite on the surface.

Like I said, I doubt Reagan -- or any company/person he was affiliated with -- was receiving signed checks from the Soviets in the mid-80s.

And, for the record, I will probably lose my lunch if Rudy Giuliani is elected President. He makes me sick, literally.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

One of his nuts has implied in the past that he'd like to intern all American Muslims. Daniel Pipes, I believe his name is.

Draft saved Draft deleted