1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rudy: one step closer to extinction

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Aug 11, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Of course they are. His actions toward his family and children speak loudly and specifically about his personal ethics.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

How many points are you giving? You'll have alot of takers, me at the front of the line.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton's personal ethics did not make him any less of a President.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton didn't walk out on his family, then stubbornly pretend they never existed.

5. Ragu --
    Please.
    Firing your wife by press conference and sending the cops is an ethical problem.
    Leaking Patrick Dorismond's sealed juvie record to cover up from some cowboy cops is an ethical prblem.
    Trying to get Bernie Kerik hired at HS is an ethical problem.
    Cronyism and authoritarianism.
    Eight more years!

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

So those are the "ethical" problems that make him lose in a landslide? Never mind the fact that the American public elected Bill Clinton WHILE the whole Genifer Flowers thing was being splashed on the tabloid pages as current news throughout the primaries.

Did you support Bill Clinton?

7. Are Republicans going to mention Clinton anyone someone questions ethics for the rest of our damn lives?
    It seems like anytime some says anything negative about any member of the GOP, the response is, "Well, Clinton blah blah blah."
    Funny, I can't remember a lot of times the Democrats have said, "Well, Nixon blah blah blah."
    Can't we just discuss each candidates on their own merits -- or lack thereof -- without having to point fingers at people who are not even running for office?

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

No, but if you then define ethics as personal family stuff, yeah. It's a pretty safe bet they will.

9. Well, I'll take Clinton's ethics over those of Nixon or Bush anyday.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think the fact that Clinton has such poor personal ethics yet was a very popular President is a postive thing for the Democratic party. You should welcome the fact that people bring it up.

11. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Of course you would, Okie, because you agreed with Clinton's policies. It's all about who "your guy" is when it comes to these sparring matches.

I don't think there has been a single president that wasn't an evil, lying, manipulative SOB. That's how they got there.

12. I agree that being a slimeball helps a person get to the Whitehouse, but I think Jimmy Carter was a good man. That doesn't mean he was a great president.
    FDR had his fault and he's one of the all-time greats.
    But I don't think you can put Clinton on the same level with Nixon or Bush as far as being slimeballs. Clinton had sexual indiscretions. Nixon was an out-and-out criminal while Bush lied to take us to war and has been assaulting the Constitution and the Bill of Rights since he took office.

Draft saved Draft deleted