1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ruby Tuesday: Should I bother?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Let's class up the joint, but the salad bar stays.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Great salad bar. Just order the salad bar. It's the eighth wonder of the world.

3. joe

joe Active Member

OTD, I began my descent into revolving debt hell in the mid-1990s by charging double Dewars and sodas during happy hours at my local Ruby Tuesday in Owensboro, Ky. From 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., six. From 10 p.m. to close, another six. Even at doubles for singles prices, it added up. And I worked a four-day week, so you can imagine how much I spent.

My advice: Stay far, far away.

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Well, I promise to at least stay away from Owensboro.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It would be worth going just to watch Joe drive away from parking lot

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I was gearing up to go see a Columbus Crew match this summer and asked my friend who I was attending a match with where the Crew supporters hooligans drank before a match. He said Ruby Tuesday. I was shocked that any proper firm would take up residence in a chain restaurant, but it turns out the place is a filthy shitty dive bar with the same name.

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

A friend once told me there'd been a fight when he was drinking at Red Robin. I was kind of surprised, but then learned he was talking about a dive bar not known for hamburgers.

Draft saved Draft deleted