1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rubicon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Oct 13, 2010.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Andy was part of the conspiracy? I must have missed that. Is that who Katherine visited?

I don't know what becomes of Truxton. But I almost wish he would do a 180-degree turn now and begin helping Will catch the other bad guys. That would be remarkable, and it could set up a lot of trust issues that Will would need to work through.

I also suspect that Truxton's rooftop speech is designed to foreshadow some sort of moral conundrum that Will is going to face. We may find that what he perceives as evil is tied to something with a more altruistic purpose. For example, the money could be going to fight a secret army of zombies that has infiltrated the world's largest cities.

2. NDub

NDub Guest

I had a feeling Andy wasn't just the cute girl next door. But I wasn't sure how she was involved.

I think the four leaf clover means you're kicked out of the ol boys club and it's time to off yourself. You've strayed from the path and betrayed the bond with your cohorts (and more importantly, friends) of five-plus decades. Time to go.

Let me make sure I got this conspiracy right: Atlas has tracked (and/or manipulated) intelligence and trends for many years in order to make money. In this case, they set up Iran to look like the bad guy, thus causing a US invasion and probably many contracts for Atlas.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Truxton does/did have a wife. That's what the clover meant "off yourself or we go after the family." I think Truxton knows/knew he was dead and the analyst part of him was proud of Traver figuring it out as much as he was pissed off that his time on Earth was up.

Something about the last episode was off though - like they thought they had more episodes and they had to wrap things up quick, maybe they even re-shot it because some of the characters looked different than they did in the previous episode.
    The Katherine death made no sense, less so when Will doesn't even look for the DVD. And is Andy part of some sort of Illuminati? Was David in on it? How did he get to Rhumor in the day between the crossword and his death on the train?

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The colors of the episode were much less drab. And the makeup was different. Kale seemed to have aged 10 years in his shots.

I understand the idea that the 4 leaf clover means that you are "out". But Spangler doesn't seem like the kind of a guy who would just roll over like that.

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I sort of have the impression that Spangler is the heavy of the bunch. I believe he set up the hits on Will and Katherine. But the other guys must have the ability to rub him out if they are sending the clover. Obviously, it would not be in their interests to send an idle threat.

I sort of like where this leaves us. And they set up some nice drama with Spangler. I kept recalling how he was standing by the open window in the previous episode. Then I thought he was going to throw himself off the roof. I was waiting to hear a gunshot when he walked back inside. I wonder if that will be the first sound we'll hear when (and if) the show returns.

I think the good news with AMC is that they are likely content establishing a small market share. I doubt they're under the pressure to perform that the big networks face. Plus, this show and the others are establishing a reputation for AMC. Even if people don't flock to Rubicon next season, folks will hear about it in the same way they've heard about Breaking Bad.

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

As of last week, I had read (from the guy who took over the show after the pilot) that Rubicon had not been renewed (yet). He was hopeful, though. Wasn't thrilled with the finale, either.

7. DanOregon

I've got to think it is a pretty cheap show to produce, the offices are drab, there aren't any action sequences and after the pilot, zero special effects.
    If I'm voting, I'm rooting for a new conspiracy.

8. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I was extremely disappointed with the finale. Especially the part about Katharine. Guess we'll see if it gets renewed. Maybe the reason it was so wishy-washy is they didn't know whether they'd be renewed so they kept going back and forth between resolving plot lines or not.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

The show's creator said they wrote as if it would be back for season 2.

10. DanOregon

If it does come back - they should wrap up the original in the first couple of eps and spin-off in a new direction. There isn't a whole lot of meat left on that bone.
    Maybe Travers finally sees the DVD that he was supposed to pick up and there is something else on it, Kale gets caught up in something or Travers finds something from the past that might have relevance in the present.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Cancelled.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/11/11/amc-cancels-rubicon/

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Boooooooo!

Draft saved Draft deleted