1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Royal Bank of Scotland to investors: 'Sell everything'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 12, 2016.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

So I'm supposed to equate the possibility that some unspecified pension funds and insurance companies could face trouble if interest rates remain low with the human carnage that would have resulted in 2009 without intervention?

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Considering Trump will have more control on the red button than the American economy, Social Security is the least of my worries.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Dow was like 700 when Reagan was president. What a fucking looser.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Flashback Friday to this post from March 1, 2016.

S&P at 2,343 as of this writing.

It closed at 1,978 on the day of this post. It has never gone below that level since.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

But it will eventually go down. And when it does, Ragu will have been right all along.

8. I wish you'd quit playing this game of gotcha with Rags. Don't you know how little you know about this? Sure, he's been wrong, consistently, but what does that tell you?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I feel like an idiot for basically getting out of the market when the Dow was about 17,800.

But I guess I'd feel like more of one had I not gotten out and it tanked to 11,000 or something.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Don't forget what the original Baron de Rothschild described as the secret of his success. "I always got out too soon."

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Good way to avoid kids too.

bigpern23 and doctorquant like this.
  12. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Bulls make money. Bears make money. Pigs get slaughtered. By getting out too soon, you avoid piggery.

Hermes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted