1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rowdy Roddy Piper has lymphoma

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

He's starting treatment right away. Hope they found it in time and can get the tumour.

Canadian Press story

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

There's a "They Live" joke to be made here, but I don't feel like going to Hell.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Best of luck to Roddy. I always loved Piper's Pit.

4. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

My favorite Roddy Rowdy Piper moment was when the Mountie tried to hurt him with the Shock Stick on Saturday Night Main Event, but Piper just stood there impervious. Then he kicked him, stole the shock stick, and gave the Mountie a little taste of his own medicine.

Afterwards, he pulled off his shirt to reveal a "SHOCK PROOF" protector underneath.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's too bad. It would have been appropriate for your 6,616th post. :D

6. KP

KP Active Member

He's not Scottish, just a Canuck?! This is like finding out there's no Santa Claus.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, the Shock Stick was one of the WWF's 36 or so legal weapons at one time. And best of luck to Mr. Toombs. A brilliant villain who turned face long enough to tear apart Morton Downey Jr.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

WHAT!?!?!?!?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is my all-time favorite wrestler... hope he licks this...

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I remember when he went from bad guy to good guy many years ago. I suddenly was willing to buy those WWF ice cream bars of his, not the Hulk and Andre ones.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Always liked Roddy. My favorite moment was when he helped get Ric Flair "committed" to a mental hospital.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I wish it was just another wrestling angle. Roderick Toombs, get healthy soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted