1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rove To Sheryl Crow: "Don't Touch Me...I Don't Work For You"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Apr 23, 2007.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Sheryl Crow and Laurie David confronted Karl Rove at the White House Correspondents Dinner Saturday.

We asked Mr. Rove if he would consider taking a fresh look at the science of global warming. Much to our dismay, he immediately got combative. And it went downhill from there...

In his attempt to dismiss us, Mr. Rove turned to head toward his table, but as soon as he did so, Sheryl reached out to touch his arm. Karl swung around and spat, "Don't touch me." How hardened and removed from reality must a person be to refuse to be touched by Sheryl Crow? Unphased, Sheryl abruptly responded, "You can't speak to us like that, you work for us." Karl then quipped, "I don't work for you, I work for the American people." To which Sheryl promptly reminded him, "We are the American people."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laurie-david-and-sheryl-crow/karl-rove-gets-thrown-und_b_46501.html

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'd like to say I'm surprised... buh ... buh.... buh

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, it appears they got what they came for.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

All Rove has to do is push a button, and...poof!

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Doesn't want to be touched by Sheryl Crow? Is he gay?

not that there's anything wrong with that

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

7. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

I wouldn't want to be touched by her either. Who knows where those hands have been?! :)

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's Sheryl Crow, not Moises Alou

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

So an entertainer's wife and "activist" (who has a political blog, to be fair) and a middling rock star who has made a career out of writing tripe songs and getting a Tour de France legend to cheat on his wife wanted to confront Karl Rove at an event.

And he got pissed off. How dare he?!?!?!?! At the correspondents' dinner, people want to confront him about a major issue that his party is trying its best to ignore. What the hell did they expect?

Indeed, they got what they wanted. He's in the news looking like an ass, while those who basically ambushed him at what is supposed to be a mellow dinner event come out looking like roses.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Office Depot easy button?

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I dare say this is now her favorite mistake.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't believe Karl Rove is Strong Enough to be her man.

Draft saved Draft deleted