1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ross Stripling pulled in 8th inning with no-hitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 9, 2016.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How is this even remotely in question? We don't send woozy quarterbacks back in the huddle and we don't leave fragile, recently repaired arms in just because the scoreboard numbers look pretty, especially on April freaking 8. This isn't 1978. Lost some respect for Plaschke here.

Batman, Dick Whitman and doctorquant like this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dusty Baker thinks you're stupid too, dixie.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Plaschke is a moron.

Dick Whitman and cranberry like this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Baseball numbers/milestones > all other numbers/milestones in all other sports combined.

Don't ask me why, though. It's the only reason fans go apeshit over PEDs in baseball and don't give a shit in football. The numbers! You're tainting the numbers!

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Plaschke's motivation is not difficult to see here. It's NERDS!1!!1!

He railed against DePodesta until the Dodgers replaced him with old-school Ned Colletti. Then after years of underachievement and wasting the prime years of the best pitcher of this generation, the Dodgers shitcanned Colletti and brought in Andrew Friedman. Word is Stripling was taken out because of an absolute pitch limit dictated by Friedman, whom Plaschke already openly hates.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

That anyone gives a crap what Plaschke says puzzles me.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That too, cran.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If Plaschke told me there were three outs in baseball, I'd second-guess it.

Still not the best near-no-hitter column ever. They retired the award after Jay Marriotti ripped Hawk Harrelson for mentioning on the air, I believe, Freddy Garcia having one through eight.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It says a lot when even Bochey says he would have done the same thing. My first reaction was it was stupid but that was without realizing his health history. Better to save the kid.

But LMAO at the Dodgers' bullpen. Still a joke.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh and Moddy, he was pulled with one out in the 8th, not that it makes much of a difference to your point

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Pitchers throw no-hitters all the time. Kid will get plenty of chances.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

How does someone openly hate Friedman? Don't know him but he comes across as one of the least offensive people in the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted