1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roommate advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MartinEnigmatica, May 16, 2007.

1. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

How does one tactfully deal with a roommate who, in the past month, has forgotten to pay the rent even a week past due, lost one utility bill under the couch, and not paid you back for half of another?
    All suggestions welcome

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure if he got home to find all this things sitting in the front yard, he'd learn a lesson.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Change the locks.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Don't live with a person if you're not sleeping with that person.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Was it Janet or Chrissy? Because that's going to make all the difference in how you handle it. Maybe just have Mr. Furley come up to you in the Regal Beagle and angrily pretend to throw you all out if you don't have the rent paid by the end of the week. Of course, he won't be pretending, and you'll lose your job again for setting yet another maitre'd on fire with a kebab, but the girls will take two days work in a candy factory and everything will turn out fine.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So do I have to move out, or start sleeping with the two female teachers I now live with?

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Tact is the last thing you need to worry about.

Have a come to Jesus meeting with the person and tell him/her to grow up, pay up, or get out.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ready. Aim. Fire.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've been on both sides of that and all I can say is if your roomate is half the deadbeat I was, you're fucked...

10. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Well, complicating things is we both work at the same joint. But regardless, I think a little Sgt. Hartman is called for.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

seriously, front him up and politely broach the subject. Ask what the deal is and take it from there. But if you don't put it out in the open (as opposed to notes and hints), it's going to create more grief than it's worth.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I vote for choice B.

Draft saved Draft deleted