1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"roomates on the road"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BB Bobcat, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ok, from '94 CBA probably

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

What a gift that must be for some minor-league guy baseball that gets called up -- now all of a sudden you're not only in a Four Seasons or some other quality hotel, but you actually have the place to yourself.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I laugh when this subject comes up every so often and people go ape shit about it and say they would rather pay for their rooms or not go at all.

Can you say homophobia to the max?

What the fuck is the big deal? What do you do in a room - you sleep and you take a shower in the morning and spend the rest of the day elsewhere.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Huh. I thought for sure this was going to be about Brady Anderson and Cal Ripken.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Or you don't want to have to pick someone else's hair out of the drain or look at their toothpaste residue in the sink or have them hog the bathroom in the morning or use the one outlet in the bathroom for THEIR flat iron when you need to get ready too.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

What IJAG said, sorta. I don't use a flat iron, for one thing.

But I'm not a good roomie. At all. I stay up late, watch old bad music videos, sleep late and snore. Bad combo. I wouldn't want to room with me, why would I subject anyone else to it?

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Pick me! Pick me! I would stay up ALL night and watch had music videos with you. Can we have pizza on the bed, too? I'll bring ear plugs.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Or miss an entire night's sleep and be of no use to anybody the next day because your roommate snores so loudly all night you can't get any rest. Or because your roommate can't fall asleep without the TV on, and you can't fall asleep with the TV on. Or what IJAG said, or all of the above.

Why in someone's mind this is automatically about homophobia is more a commentary about that person than it is about the topic (which I don't think mentioned sexual preference until a certain person introduced it into the arena).

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OH, and because I'm afraid she'll try to have sex with me as I sleep. Forgot that part.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Holy Mary, mother of...

Oh. That said "ear" plugs.

Carry on.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

straight from not wanting to smell someone's farts to homophobia.

real nice.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I thought that myself, just a small leap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.