1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

roofers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 11, 2006.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I bellied up to a bar in a redneck joint once, next to this fugly chick. She tried to make small-talk, but I wasn't into it. I asked her what she did for a living, and she replied with a gap-toothed smile, "I'm a roofer."

Check please.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The dust that was coming down on me says otherwise, but I guess there's nothing I can do about it. Man the rest of this week is going to suck.

3. joe

joe Active Member

If it's dust from the ceiling, as in drywall or textured ceiling dust, then that's just caused by the vibrations.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

K, look at it this way... approach your landlord, explain your dilemma.
    Ask him/her for a little somethin for your inconvenience... There should be a right to privacy/quiet expectations clause in your lease so work it...

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Thank you, Smallpotatoes. Thank you.

With the distractions of Iraq, North Korea, school violence, starvation in Darfur, politicos preying on perky pledges, global warming, bird flu, Mel Gibson's ramblings, middle-age weight gain and male-pattern baldness -- finally, an injustice I can get worked up about.

Oppressed workers of the night! Unite against oppressed workers of the day!

Or, why don't you just go sleep at your girlfriend's house?

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The right to "quiet enjoyment" is afforded in most states. Check out your state's landlord/tenant laws.

7. Smallpotatoes

This probably comes as no surprise to Ijag (or most of you) but I have no girlfriend.
    I just hope the dust is harmless.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

9. Smallpotatoes

OK, guys I'm going to work.
    Have a good day. I'll do my best.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

You're lucky. If I go to bed drunk, I just wake up 4 hours later, unable to pass out again.

Which sucks.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm sure the "right to quiet enjoyment" has no relevance here. It's legal construction during normal business hours. The fact that you work at night is, well, your tough luck.

I worked the night shift in my summer job when I was in school. The world didn't stop because I got home at 8:00 a.m. and wanted to sleep.

And you did receive advance notice.

Like I said, stop whining.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If she was gap-toothed, are you sure she was talking about her occupation and not her...umm..."technique"?

Draft saved Draft deleted