1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Paul...Truther

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Clambake Clem, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Clambake Clem

Clambake Clem Member

Speaking of bells you can\'t unring. Seems like he is admitting to being a truther in this video.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57340277-503544/ron-paul-9-11-prompted-glee-in-bush-administration/

Paulbots unite!

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Not even really a surprise, and not that outlandish coming from him. He will be the reason one of the luminaries in that race gets turfed out earlier than expected.

Luminary, of course, being a relative term.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Has Fleisher ever told the truth in his life, other than name/rank/serial number?

His book was unreadable, not to mention wholly-ludicrous.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Anything Ron Paul claims, you can take it to the Banks.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Ron Paul ... no chance.

6. Ron Paul...nutjob.

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Did anyone actually bother to read the link? I can tell the troll who posted it didn't.
    Ron Paul isn't a truther. He said the Bush administration took glee in the 9/11 attacks because it would allow them to invade Iraq. He didn't say he thought the Bush Administration was behind the attacks; in fact, it's not even implied in the story.
    I'm not a Paul backer; just couldn't believe the subject line when I saw it, so I read the article.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I didn't read the story. I just watched the 17 second clip. My understanding is that "truther" means you think what happened on 9/11 wasn't what the public has been told or that there is some kind of cover up. I am not sure how anyone gets that from Ron Paul in that clip. He didn't say anything about 9/11 itself. He said that the Bush administration was gleeful because it saw an opportunity to invade Iraq in the wake of 9/11. I think most people today think that is true.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This. Thank you.

10. Clambake Clem

Clambake Clem Member

I guess I just followded this line of thinking to the next logical step, which quite a few people do. So many people think Bush rushed to war following Sept. 11, and that there were so many unusual circumstances surrounding the attacks that it could have been an inside job. Paul has always seemed like the kind of person that would be on board with this line of thinking. I have nothing against Ron Paul, even though his followers can be a tad overboard. I guess I may have read into what he was saying, or implying, in the clip. Wouldn\'t be the first time I have made a mistake.

11. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

This seems like the most coherent response here.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ron Paul is an idiot for a lot of other reasons, mainly his dim-witted devotion to the simple-minded sadism of the soulless bitch Ayn Rand. (I eagerly look forward to the invention of time travel for no other reason somebody can go back and put a bullet between that beast's* eyes when she was about 19 years old.)

Anyway, Paul didn't say in the clip the Bushies had anything to do with 9/11, but were happy about it after the fact because it gave them the pretext to march into Iraq. Which it did.

Which they wouldn't have had to do in the first place if fuckup Daddy Bush had finished the job in 1991, and not stopped Desert Storm until he had Saddam's smoking corpse in a rubber bag.

*-C_word redacted but in this case it fits in every conceivable way.

Draft saved Draft deleted