1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Romney a Lock - You Can Put it On the Board YESSSS!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sure. Serve up that softball.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Romney himself doesn't seem terribly committed to GOTV, other than spending shitloads of cash on TV. He tends to open only one office in each state, while Obama peppers states with multiple offices. Santorum's pledge to campaign in all 99 counties in Iowa worked, in that voters got to kick the tires with him in person. Maybe you don't need it in the NFL, but in politics you still need some ground game.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Romney can't relate to people and when he tries, he fails miserably. Kerry had the same issues where he would open his mouth and his supporters would just bang their heads against a table.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

First off, great thread title, Chris. All that's missing is a reference to Wimpy/The Duke/Big Bob ...

And the question in my nutty Super Tuesday neck of the woods is whether or not Paul will win any states today. While his chances are good to grab a few delegates here in North Idaho, way too many Mormons and noveau riche in the southern part of Idaho for Paul to win the Gem State.

His best chance is probably Alaska. They've been known to vote for inneresting characters ... ::)

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'll feel a lot better about polls when it's actually a campaign. Right now it's all about bashing Obama. Which is fine. That's what primaries are. Bash the incumbent. But eventually the incumbent can bash back. The one-sidedness makes any polls irrelevant to me.

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

He's still getting hammered with that even while he futilely tries to convince the electorate that he's an everyday Joe. So if he's going to get hammered with that anyway, why not work on ground that is much more comfortable?

It may not work either. But pretending to be Joe Sixpack isn't going to work for him either.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"Get'chure 'I've Got Mine' pom-poms now, sponsored by Bain, John Henry, and Bob Kraft" . . .

8. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

From Obama's presser, just now.

"Mitt Romney called you the nation's most feckless president since Carter. What would you like to say to him?"

"Good luck tonight."

"No, really."

Beat.

"Really."

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Somebody should give the person who asked that a lesson on how to as a follow-up question, but it's a great answer by Obama.

10. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

So if Romney loses in November, will you post a thread titled, "HE GONE!"?

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Romney's got sacks packed with money... and there's a ducksnort into the Ohio outfield to score two.

Santorum's got ducks on the pond... and he hits a Matt Abatacola to Gingrich to end the inning.

Santorum's got two strikes... and Romney pulls the string on 'em for out number two!

Yes, I live on the south side of Chicago, why do you ask?

(By the way, if Romney knows as much about Red Sox as ChrisL says he does, I bet Romney could match the Hawkeroo in pointless stories about Yaz.)

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Can't wait for advanced dissertations on "Advanced Public Belly-Button Scratching, Section 103"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.