1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Romney a Lock - You Can Put it On the Board YESSSS!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He's not getting re-elected.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Republican Poll Predicts Good Outcome For Republican"

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wish I could agree with you, but a 48 percent approval rating is going to get you re-elected.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Especially when Congress is sitting at 10 percent, and Mittens is somewhere in the 20s.

You don't have to have a spectacular approval rating to get elected. Just a better approval rating than your opponent.

6. I can see an Obama / Nixon comparison but Obama is still going to lose like Jimmy Carter

7. Dick Whitman

Bush II is the only incumbent re-elected with an approval rating of less than 50 percent on Election Day, since '72 as far as I can tell.

Now, I wonder if that will be changing at all, just because it seems that we have to re-calibrate "normal" when it comes to approval ratings. Seems like people in 2012 are more willing to disapprove of the president's performance than they were in 1976 or 1984 or even 1996.

8. Dick Whitman

Don't get pissed off, but is this really what you think, or are you just funnin' with us right now?

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Inter-'Net' Pundits Foresee Landslide"

10. Mizzougrad96

W's was 48 percent the week before the 2004 election.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116500/presidential-approval-ratings-george-bush.aspx

If Obama is over 45 percent, he'll win.

11. Dick Whitman

This is why I wonder if we are in a world now where 45-48 percent is the new 50 percent, considering how perpetually pissed off Americans are at their leaders nowadays.

12. Mizzougrad96

I know you guys all hate Rasmussen, but that poll is almost identical to everything else that's out there... The fact that "strongly approve" is low is meaningless. The only thing that matters is that his overall approval rating is at 48 percent, which will get him re-elected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.