1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rolling Stones

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jul 12, 2012.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Indeed. Thought this was a pretty cool version from the White House earlier this year:

2. Little known fact but Miss You was written about David Bowie (NTTAWWT)

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I went to one of their farewell tours. Then they toured the following year. I thought "What the fuck?"

That was 1989.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I went to a show during the '89 tour for that very reason. I love the Stones, but I expected the show to be bad and only went because I thought it was the end.
    I felt like I got taken.

I still love the music up to a handful of songs on 'Undercover,' but I'd never go see them again.

5. I remember seeing the Stones on TV and explaining to my kids, "Those guys are older than grandpa."

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

As stated earlier in the thread, my kid loves that song. Makes me play it like 15 times in a row in the car.

My wife one day says, "I just realized that our son's favorite song has the f-word in it. Great."

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Tumbling Dice is the greatest song ever recorded.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

1. Soul Survivor
    2. Live With Me
    3. Jumpin' Jack Flash
    4. 19th Nervous Breakdown
    5. Under My Thumb
    After that, in no particular order:
    Sympathy For The Devil; Salt Of The Earth; Monkey Man; Can't You Hear Me Knockin'; Stop Breakin' Down; Get Off My Cloud; The Last Time; Midnight Rambler.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

They've never topped "Satisfaction," but have had a whole lot of fun, drugs, chicks, etc. trying.

"Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and "All Down the Line" are damn good songs.

And one of their all-time funniest lines, from the 1980s era: "I was a butcher, cutting up meat."

I'll disagree about "Miss You" and "Shattered," though. Those songs make me change the radio station pronto.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How great are the Stones? I hope I am not fucking this up when I type this, but we are on page two of this thread and have not even mentioned...

[​IMG]

11. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Never let 'em say that Frank "Disco Pants" Ridgeway doesn't like his Stones' disco. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted