1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Guitar Songs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beaker, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, both of those should have easily made the list. I would have loved to see Metallica's Orion or The Call of Ktulu.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I was disappointed to only see one Pearl Jam song on the list, and all the way down to No. 77.

I was happy to see Queens of the Stoneage slipping in the top 100 along with Tool.

But, I absolutely hate the White Stripes, and didn't think their song deserved such a high-ranking.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Most of the really new stuff I didn't think was deserving, but Seven Nation Army definitely should have been that high...

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You know the guitar solo isn't bad in that song. I just hate the White Stripes. I would have much rather seen Pearl Jam up there, they have a handful of songs I expected to see on that list.

A lot of the classic rock songs were solid choices, but I too was looking for Hotel California.

Maybe we should get together and write our own list and send it to Spin.

Draft saved Draft deleted