1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Goodell...what a joke!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Big_Space

Big_Space Member

it's not Tank's fault. It's society's.

we're all to blame.

<i>I've never had a person come to me and say anything racist. Now I look at it like, 'Wow, is it because I'm certain things?' I realize people buy into stereotypes. I'm young, black and have tattoos, so it's easy to stereotype me and put me in a category.

"It's easy to clump somebody. When you see me walking down the street, I don't look like you. I don't talk like you. I don't walk like you. It's easy to say, 'He's just like the other people who we see all the time.' I've given you guys opportunities to stereotype me like that. It's unfortunate."</i>

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

See what you did, Sportsbruh?

You're so far out there that Big_Space and I are on the same side of this argument against you.

Actually, you two should talk. Same level of ignorance. Just from different sides.

3. Big_Space

Big_Space Member

can you arrange an online seminar? we could learn so much from your vast wealth of knowledge and savvy.

I bet you could get a large crowd eager to suck from your tit.

4. outofplace

Well there's a mental image we didn't need...

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

6. outofplace

Didn't want to picture me with man-boobs, huh?

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Visions of Phil Mickelson flashed through my mind. It was scary.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

It is possible that, because of a technicality or something, Tank Johnson might be found to have not violated his probation. If he should be in jail, so be it, but the fact is that he isn't and the judge didn't impose that condition. If he were a stock market trader, he could still conduct business unless he was prohibited from doing that.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

sportsbruh and spnited, we'll let you two go outside and throw it down like men...using their own fists.

WTF can Goodell really do? The two Cook County judges were the ones who let Tank fly to Miami with the team, practice with the team, and eventually will start on Sunday night. Yes, Tank has multiple offenses on his dossier, but let me ask the old man and the young buck a question: has Goodell dropped the hammer on the Bengals yet?

I don't think so. If he benched Tank, then the hypocrisy would have gotten going over how come 9 Bengals, not including Ocho Cinco (who was only questioned by the 5-0 for last week's Miami murder), hasn't been severally punished by the League.

Until I see the Bengals get punished, don't expect Tank and his arsenal to stay in the hotel room Sunday.

Draft saved Draft deleted