1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Goodell grants Adam 'Pacman' Jones partial reinstatment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jun 2, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

There is no chance this asshole makes it to Sept. 1 without getting in trouble again.
    And then he should be banned for life.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I would suggest that there is a paralyzed bouncer in Las Vegas who thinks Jones never should have been granted partial reinstatement.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And needs to sue -- going after his earnings because of Assman Jones' negligence...

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

ESPN should be wearing Pacman pom-poms, they've been cheering so hard for him since it looked like the Cowboys would get his rights.

Goodell wimps out. If you want to remove the thug influence from the league, you've got to remove the thugs.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That guy should be happy. Pacman is now working for him.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The ESPN story says Pacman basically has to be a choir boy to get fully reinstated.

What are the odds Pacman would ever be that virtuous?

If he screws up, which is most likely, he's toast.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm not defending Goddell, but what are the odds a lifetime ban would hold up if it was challenged in court?

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Just curious: Would the National Labor Relations Board take a shot at such an issue before the courts?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I should have finished my thought in my original post last night.

What if Goddell and the league are worried they could lose in court on a lifetime ban? If that's the case, they can keep granting him partial reinstatement and then keep extending the suspension each time he fucks up. It's not a lifetime ban but he's still never able to get on the field.

11. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Or teams could just choose to not give him a contract.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ultimately, in the long run, the best thing for our society is probably for Pacman to be reinstated, play great, become the national darling of ESPN and Fox ("Beyond The Glory") and then end up going Rae Carruth/ O.J. as a denouement for his career.

It won't be a good thing for the victims, though. I personally put the odds at no better than, ohhhhh, I'd say, about 75%, that this happens.

Draft saved Draft deleted