1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Clemens: Sugar Land Skeeter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I could see him being able to pitch middle relief in the bigs. I don't think it will happen, but if Clemens is in shape, I could see him being OK...

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That kid a career minor leaguer, it seems. I remember covering the game when Clemens made his comeback in 2006. Koby was with the Lexington Legends then. Kid made it to Triple-A last season, but for some reason started this year at high Class-A.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think Nolan Ryan tore his UCL (Tommy John ligament) on his last major league pitch (when he was 46) and never got it fixed. So I'm guessing he probably couldn't throw that hard anymore at age 50.

My step-sister and brother-in-law live in Sugar Land and have been to a few games. My BIL says it's a pretty nice park as unaffiliated minor leagues go. Gary Gaetti is the manager.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Does seem like a journeyman. He hit .234 at Triple-A last year. Not a way to get to the bigs.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

And he's hitting a career-low .196 this season. I doubt he ever makes it to the bigs.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think he's past that point. I wouldn't be surprised if this it for him. Most longterm minor leaguers hang out at the Triple-A level. Koby could go into coaching.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'd gladly take Raja pitching the 8th for the Halos.

8. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Yeah, the cynicism, both here and in that line is quite evident. Not that I mind. I find this place to be quite cool.

9. I've been there for a game and I have to say it's quite nice. Easy to get around, seats are nice, views are good. Not much more you can ask from a ballpark

11. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

That being said, I still don't think I'd want to make him mad. Ask Robin Ventura what happens when that goes down.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Why would he settle for that? He could probably be a No. 1 starter for the Astros.

Draft saved Draft deleted