1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Clemens: Sugar Land Skeeter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No word on whether the Atlantic League as a drug-testing policy or not.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2012/08/roger-clemens-comeback-sugar-land-skeeters/1#.UDKOmWDiOII

2. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Interesting. I find it hard to believe this is a serious attempt at coming back to the majors.

3. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

But then again, if Clemens was still hitting 87 mph at age 50, I wonder what Nolan Ryan could throw when he was 50. I bet he could still come close to or top 90.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness gracious the Sugar Land Express is back. Maybe he purchased some of that cream from Melky's web site.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Isn't his kid in the minors?

6. turski7

turski7 Member

I think one is in the minors. I saw the other on MLB Network on Saturday at Wrigley for some Under Armor All-American game. Rocket was in the stands.

7. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

One of the stiffs on this team - Clemens, Jason Lane, Scott Kazmir or Tim Redding - is going to be with the AAAstros next month.
    Bank on it.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Koby Clemens is currently at Double-A New Hampshire.

9. RRedding is a Skeeter too!? WHERE WAS I FOR THIS!?

10. If Clemens plays for the Skeeters does that re-set his Hall of Fame clock? Will he then have to wait 5-years from now? Could that be his plan? Maybe he hopes that people will be more forgiving of steroids users in 5-years.

Maybe he knows that's his best chance for the HoF at this point.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This closing graph and audio link makes me think the writer hangs around SportsJournalists.com:

Now, Clemens will be back on the mound himself. Which makes us wonder if the Bluefish can sign Suzyn Waldman to a one-day contract to commemorate the occasion.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

It doesn't reset the HOF clock unless he plays in a game in the bigs.

Draft saved Draft deleted