1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Clemens ... cheered? really?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I know headlines are sometimes rushed, especially on websites in order to get the information out their as quick as possible, but TSN.ca could have doen better than this regarding Roger Clemens' final start in Huston

Clemens gets cheers in final home start

Really? I thought he would have been booed out of Minute Maid Field. That is possibly one of the worst, most obvious headlines I have read in a while.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jeez man, has any athlete ever drawn out his retirement so long? I cannot believe people still write about this.

I've heard "Clemens" and "last (fill in the blank)" at least 15 different times thru the years. Enough is enough.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm sure the "retirement" will continue next season at Fenway, too.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

George Foreman?

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

and the year after in the bronx

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

... or until his HGH runs out.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Oh come on, we all know he s going to return to Bean Town, his original team that lasat time I checked basically ran him out on the rail because he was 'finished' but then went on to dominate with two divisional rivals including the 'evil empire' and his hometown team.

The sooner he's done the happier I will be because I will not have to listen to anymore asinine rumours about him being traded back to teams he stabbed in the back (Yankees) or teams that stabbed him in the back (Red Sox).

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck Clemens.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I thought his last home start was against the Reds last week? That's what they made it seem like when he got the standing ovation at that game?

Or is this just another thing with Clemens. Will the next two series be switched to Minute Maid so Rocket can continue to pitch in front of the home folk?

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

He went on three days rest to avoid the Phillies get one more home start in. Astros officials say it was because they think they're still in the race and wanted to bump him up.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Mark Martin?

Draft saved Draft deleted