1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roethlisberger: "He was raised with old-fashioned, middle-America values."

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Ohio doesn't really fit any label. The West Central portion is Midwestern, corn fields and flat lands. Northwest is a Great Lakes region. The Northeast is more like an East Coast area, factories and a background of European immigrants. Southwest has the feel of a Southern state. Southeast is is Appalachia. I've lived in all four corners of the state and I don't know if it's a midwest, Great Lakes or Eastern state. Kind of all of them.

Even those of us who live in the state have a hard time placing it in any mold.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You can always pick out the folks from Missouri with old fashion values. They pronounce Missouri in an effected manner -- leaving the "I" off.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Here's old-fashioned NYC, do-it-yourself values. Doormen are prepared to go on strike at midnight. TV just interviewed a man and his wife, asking them if they're prepared to take out their own garbage.

"Yes, we're New Yorkers, we can handle it."

Back to TV news dude, shaking his head with pride. "New Yorkers, they handle any difficulty you throw at them, that's for sure, and they'll do fine with this one."

Take that, farmers.

I shouldn't mock, since I say this mostly out of jealousy because I so badly want a doorman. God how I want one, especially when the UPS guy leaves packages just sitting outside our apartment door; sometimes they remain, sometimes other people take them.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Those of us from Michigan have an easy time placing Ohio ... Where there aren't farmers, there are truckers.

Draft saved Draft deleted