1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roe v. Wade to be overturned?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 3, 2022.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You can literally say something similar every two years. In fact, you do.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'll take your word for it.

I never said you should base gambling advice on my dumbass message board posts.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This Texas judge really is going to make an incorrect and frankly outrageous ruling on the abortion pill, isn't he?

Not sure if everyone is paying as close attention to this as they did Roe. I might be wrong, but this ruling, if it goes like I think it's gonna go, is going to be an earthquake.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep. But it’s just another step in the process.

I found this thread to be interesting as to what could occur next if this judge rules as predicted.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Thanks, that's interesting. And even more infuriating, as there is no case, it shouldn't be at this point, and the judge is likely to make an emotional ruling over one based on law.

There's another one of your "activist" judges.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If it is not a crime to take the pill in Massachusetts, how does Texas plan on proving and prosecuting women who go to Mass. for the pill? In a much different vein, but on the same path as arresting someone for smoking a joint when they were in a weed-legal state. Edit: I know you can offer up airline tickets, security footage and written prescriptions as evidence, but that sounds like a lot of effort. I get it, the cruelty is the point.

Also I hope folks who believe in this whole women's rights/privacy thing give PP a lot of money so it can help facilitate out-of-state flights for women in backward states who need "enhanced gynecological care."

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    sgreenwell and TowelWaver like this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I’m also hoping at some point, these anti-abortion states try to prosecute some women or doctors and they end up getting some pro-choice jurors who refuse to convict and cite religious or conscience beliefs. Maybe after a few hung juries, they’ll get the hint.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Were there OB/GYNs in the Bible? Did the Founding Fathers mention them? No? Then we don't need them now.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Of course.
    Exodus 1:15-21 most prominently, but also Genesis 35:17 & 38:28 off the bat.

Big Circus and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted