1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rodriguez leaving West Virginia to coach Michigan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Oh hell no, I said he was going to be good but not Vince Young good.
    I've never seen Pryor play, I'm just going by what the scouts say.

P.S. I wasn't the only one who was high on Schaeffer before he came to Ole Miss.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

If Rich has a press conference in Morgantown at some point, the reporters better hammer him. Hard.

Also, this is unprecedented - a coach leaving before a BCS bowl?
    WVU should sue.

3. Pryor might look at Michigan but he wanted to stay close to home so his family could go to all his games.

This might open up the chance for Penn State to get the best high school football player from Western PA since Arrington and PITT is seriously considering making a huge push for the star QB hoping the kid wants to stay with a lot of the top ranked locals.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Also, it is time for the NCAA to stop this stupidity.
    Rodriguez has held WVU hostage every year to get a raise and a new contract.
    I'd like to see WVU take his $4 million buyout and demand the rest of the money he's gotten as well.
    He's not fulfilling his compete obligation to them - including walking out like the greedy bastard he is before a BCS Bowl.
    Makes me believe now that maybe his shitty play calling in the Pitt game was as a result of him knowing he needed an out.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pryor is the top recruit in the country in some rankings. Perfect fit for Rodriguez's offense, too.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Would you want to play for him? WHo can trust him after the shit he's pulled last 2 seasons.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

What college coach can you trust, mark?
    They're all liars.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

not st. tressell[/thebuckeyesportspredictor]

9. markvid

markvid Guest

You are right, but his constant hostage-taking and bold-faced lies?
    Oh, how I wish someone had stuck it to him yesterday.
    This needs to be the impetus for the NCAA to say enough is enough.
    When a coach leaves his team high and dry before a BCS bowl?
    This is contract violation and fraud.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

WHAT!?!? That's the way it's done! Everyone cheats, everyone's unethical!! Just give in!! [/Hoops McCann]

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Some players indicated Rodriguez hadn't spoken to them about Michigan and that they were under orders to keep quiet.

The team, as a whole, needs to issue a release saying fuck you, Rich.
    Team, which I'm sure the hypocrite preached over and over, meant nothing to him.
    Lies and wallet do.

12. Urban Meyer took the Gator job before the Fiesta Bowl against Pitt.
    Is anybody really surprised anymore? Really?

Michigan is a step up. Period. And I'm a damn WVU alum. You take that job. I think he'll kick some serious ass.

That being said, I hope the 'Eers go after Cincy coach Brian Kelly. Or maybe Tulsa's Todd Graham.

Draft saved Draft deleted