1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rodman, Mullin in Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jerry Krause will never get in and he shouldn't ever get in.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I agree he won't. But why shouldn't he? Not arguing, I'm asking.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yeah - me too, Why not?

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

No one has really mentioned that Miller held the all-time 3-pointer record for quite awhile before Allen broke it. Reggie was an amazing offensive player on some underrated Pacers teams. He should be in the Hall before Mullin in my opinion. However, I have a problem putting a player in the Hall of Fame that cannot even beat his sister in one on one.
    Rodman, FWIW, was one of the best defensive players I have ever seen for about three seasons. Then, yes, his defense was indifferent. However, look at the man's rebounding numbers. Awe inspiring. And I don't care how tall they listed him at, I have stood next to Rodman numerous times and if he is an inch over 6-foot-4 I am the King of England.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That's like Bernie Williams & Andy Pettite holding all of the post-season records or Lee Smith as the saves leader- there was no 3 point shot for most of NBA history.

6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I would say 31 years is a nice piece of NBA history, though. It isn't like they instituted the 3-point line last Thursday, there have been a TON of great shooters in the NBA since they adopted the rule, and Miller was the best of the bunch when he retired.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The save became official in 1969. You putting Lee Smith in?

8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

As was Brad Daugherty. In 548 career games averaged 3.7 assists, with a high of 4.4 in 1992-93. I don't think a lot of people, outside Cleveland, appreciate how good Daugherty was when healthy.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Having arguably the greatest player who ever lived fall into your lap doesn't make you HOF worthy.

Phil Jackson was a Doug Collins assistant who got the HC job because he got along well with Jordan. I know Krause is credited with bringing him back from the CBA, but Jordan is often credited/blamed for getting Collins fired and Jackson hired.

The Pippen trade? It was a good one.

Krause also dismantled a still dominant Bulls team that probably could have won another three titles.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Krause did a good job surrounding Jordan with the right bit players.
    Without them I submit that they would not have won as many championships.

11. I take it Magic Johnson does not count?

12. A FWIW:
    I don't think Rodman belongs in the Hall of Fame.
    Great rebounder and good defender for a few years, but his overall resume is (IMO) less-than HOF impressive.
    Yeah he won a lot of titles, but he was a bit player on a some very good teams. A cog.
    Rodman by himself was never a star - at least for his on-court performance.
    He's was not like Pippen, who did well post-Jordan. He's more like Ho' Grant; A cog. A very good cog, but a cog.

Reggie Miller was a glorified Chuck Person.

Draft saved Draft deleted