1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I went three of the four years of college, in fishnets and a skirt and the whole nine yards. Me and my friends took up an entire row.

RE: the toast and rice on the floor: they actually put down garbage bags in the theater where I went to protect the floor and to make it easier to clean up.

But yeah, if you go to live performance, you need to go when the event starts, and not when the movie starts. And get auctioned off in the virgin auction. And see the costume contest. I'm pretty sure those are all standard at RH showings.

The last time I went, the emcee (who was hysterical), was throwing condoms and stuff into the crowd and she threw one and it landed in my cleavage, but I didn't notice it until after the movie. So I get to my car and I discover it and just throw it under the seat of my car and I forgot about it...until about six months later, when my mom called to ask why there was a condom in my car, because my father was wondering about that......

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So if you win the virgin auction, do you get to pull the card?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't imagine the explanation made him feel any better.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It does not really work for me as a stand-alone film, other than Susan Sarandon in her underwear. It is fun as a participatory event, of course.

I much preferred Harold and Maude back in the midnite movie days.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Well, I was dating my first serious boyfriend at the time, so the fact that I was carrying around a condom because of Rocky Horror and not because of anything else (remember, these are my parents, who have given me multiple talks about the horrors of living together before you're married. Something about buying a cow when you can get the milk for free....) was very much of a relief to him.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The 3-4 times my friends and I went to Rocky Horror during college -- always the midnight show -- were great, great nights. Every time.

At least, what I remember of those nights was great.

Draft saved Draft deleted