1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rock and Roll HOF nominees announced

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Huggy, Oct 30, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Dimebag Darrell was an incredible guitar player.

2. What in the hell are you talking about?

I guess we can just go to the horse's mouth ... Nick Rhodes and Simon LeBon fashioned DD as a cross between Chic and the Sex Pistols. John Taylor cites Bernard Edwards as one of his biggest influences. Nile Rodgers produced "Like A Virgin."

As for the rest of your stereotyped rant, perhaps you should put down the bong the next time you decide to post.

3. Thanks for backing me up there Pallister. I'm not a huge Pantera fan, just not my style to listen to. But Dime was undeniable.

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Bostock,

Does it really matter what Duran Duran says -- they are neither the Sex Pistols nor Chic -- that's a helluva middle ground they've cut themselves (can't play instruments vs genius musicianship, punk vs funk, anger vs cool) ... the only thing they have in common with the Sex Pistols is very pale skin (saw more than I needed when Simon LeBon held up my plane at the gate in Philly one time and boarded wearing a denim jacket, no shirt).

Never touched a bong in my life ... I'm not going to get in a pissing match with a comic-book conservative dickweed.

YHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted