1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert on HBO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You know on second thought she did not get off to a great start...

Just watched Mick and Fergie again. They blew out Gimme Shelter

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

C'mon dude, Patti is 63 years old. She is aging just fine. She sounded great, too.
    Lemme know how you're looking at 63.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I agree. She sounded great.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

No Line is OK. I like it better than I liked the last one on first listen. All the songs you mentioned are superior to "Vertigo", for instance.

I wouldn't say they're "back," but that's because War-Unforgettable Fire-Joshua Tree set such a high standard.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Most of it sounded like a lite FM adult contemporary programmer's wet dream. Even the shit which had a little edge to it was full of fail (i.e. Metallica's entire set).

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

At least her marriage to Art Garfunkel seems to be working out.
    [​IMG]

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Metallica's set was horrible, but they seemed to be having fun and trying hard.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

If Metallica's set is getting ripped so much, HBO must not have shown the Black Eyed Peas playing with U2.

Metallica was OK, and I liked their stuff with Ray Davies. U2 starting with Vertigo is hilarious: "Hey, we can rock too!" Uh, no. Not with that song.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Metallica was fine. Ozzie was a joke. And Ray Davies just seemed confused or something.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

McEnroe is married to Patty Smyth, not Patti Smith (as undeserving a Hall of Famer as you can imagine. The only song 99 percent of people can name that she did was a Springsteen cover.)

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

She looked a lot better in that 'Shooting down the walls of heart-ache/Bang bang' video.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Disagree completely. I hadn't seen Billy Joel in years, but I did when I pulled this concert off OnDemand to see last night. And I'll be dipped if Billy Joel and Moddy don't fill the "separated at birth" category.

The resemblance is striking.

Draft saved Draft deleted