1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robot Roll Call!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 2, 2007.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Just finished watching the clips for voting.

They were all funny -- forgot how much I used to look forward to each new riff.

But I miss the silhouettes.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I prefer this Hamm's jingle.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Doc, don't you ever get tired of getting grounded? ::)

GO TO YOUR ROOM! NOW!

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, ma'am.

And yes, ma'am.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

My favorites were Mitchell (Rumor had it Joe Don Baker said if he ever ran into the MST3K guys he'd kick their asses), Red Zone Cuba and Pod People.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I watched the MST3K episode of Mitchell when it originally aired on Comedy Central and I don't know if there's ever been another show that has made me laugh as hard as that one. Absolutely hilarious.

That show had a massive influence on me as a writer. I just love its off-handed nature.

Others I loved were Pod People, Manos: The Hands Of Fate, the one with Sean Connery's brother doing a spoof of James Bond, the one with Megaweapon (Warrior of the Lost World, thanks Wikipedia), the Mexican movie with the Santa Claus vs. the Devil, the Beast of Yucca Flatts, Angel's Revenge, Village of the Giants (featuring giant rampaging 60s teens Beau Bridges and Tommy Roe along with Ron Howard) and Lord knows how many others.

And I'm a Joel guy all the way. TV's Frank is also one of the most hilarious second bananas of all-time.

God I wish that show was still in reruns.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Mike for me. :p

Bubbler, Rhino has been putting out DVD collections of MST3K. I know you can get them at Best Buy.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

After having a not-so-great-day, this news almost made my day.

GO JOEL! Man, I miss this show so much. I had a bunch of the MST3 DVDs in my Blockbuster queue, but cancelled my membership before I ever got any.

10. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I thankfully taped many on SciFi when I was in college, and am entertained every time.

My personal faves are Space Mutiny (Buff Drinklots! Crud Bonemeal!), The Touch of Satan (we had a Maverick as a kid) and Agent for Harm (holding a bathing suit: "Get ready to giftwrap a beautiful package!")

11. Somewhere I have 80-some on VHS. I should find those.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Red Zone Cuba is the only one I absolutely can't watch. That movie is SOOOOOOO terrible, not even MST3K can save it.

Draft saved Draft deleted