1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robinson Cano: HOF?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 14, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I did the exact opposite. I counted that as one of his advantages.

Poor is you suggesting that Molina has been baseball's best catcher.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think team ERA with them catching versus team ERA without them catching is very important.

I'm also tired of wins don't matter. They do. It's why you play the game.

If you are a dick in the clubhouse or don't sacrifice yourself at the plate when your team needs a run or any number of other things, that hurts your team and their ability to win.

heyabbott likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'll walk the first point back then re: misinterpreting the team success thing.

But the other thing is true: Yadi is the best catcher in baseball the last 8 years.

Posey is great but he's also played 1st base 111 games the last 3-plus years. Yadi has played 12 games at first in that span.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Least shocking post you will see here.

I'm sure he'd have the Mariners leading their division with his sacrifices. Teammates don't matter.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Larry Walker and Todd Helton. In or out?

6. 93Devil

And the value of a Posey or McCutchen should absolutely be raised because of the success of their teams. Albert Belle cannot even sniff at the HOF because of what he did inside of clubhouses.

If Molina played for Seattle or San Diego people would give half a shit about him. It's just fashionable now to fawn over him.

7. Songbird

It's not fashionable.

8. 93Devil

Tell that to Jim Sundberg.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, we're talking about 2012 through what they have played so far in 2015? Posey has caught 426 games in that time. Molina has caught 477. Not insignificant, but not nearly enough to make up the huge difference offensively.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Songbird is taking the "I have known about Molina for longer, therefore he is better" angle.

11. Songbird

I totally have his phone number if you want it.

Draft saved Draft deleted