1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

robertson, christian coalition announce support for adulterer giuliani

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Yes, with Bush now below Nixon, Hillary is the most polarizing figure in America.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Weird, but everytime I assume some Bible thumper like Pat Robertson has disappeared into well-deserved irrelevancy, he keeps popping up in the strangest places.

This seems be be an example of "one of these things is not like the other"

But according to the NYTimes article Pat thinks Rudy can protect Americans from the "blood lust of Islamic terrorists” so all's well.

3. Personally, with the mighty heat rays from his eyes!

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the spirit of bipartisanship that's breaking out around here but that's funny as shit.

Surely somebody can work some photoshop magic and come up with a nice pic of Rudy using that moniker.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

6. The 11th commandment in Robertson's book:

"Thou shalt forget all that junk about what's right and wrong and shit and just go with No. 1. Oh, and Mormons suck."

7. bigugly

bigugly Member

DING DING DING We have a winner! True

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Then there's the other Rudy endorsements this week ...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10262007/gossip/pagesix/dope_dealers_for_rudy_.htm
    :D

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I fail to see how this endorsement does anything but convince a certain percentage of independent voters, you know, the ones who decide elections, that Giuliani is associated with a lunatic who supports him because he thinks he's another lunatic.
    Hypocrisy in politicians is like tall in basketball players. It's a given. But you're supposed to be smart about it. If Louis Farrakhan wanted to endorse Hillary or any other Democrat I doubt they'd hold a big press conference to celebrate the fact.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

This won't help America's Mayor either.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/08/nyregion/08kerik.html?hp

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So I should get over my religious convictions, just because you say so?

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I used to watch the 700 Club. Now, this man isn't anything but a hater of the overweight and a lover of cash.

Draft saved Draft deleted