1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robbed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CradleRobber, Jan 30, 2007.

1. silvercharm

silvercharm Member

A couple of assholes kicked in our back door last week and stole about $10K worth of stuff. Losing the merchandise wasn't the worst thing, though; the kids are scared out of their skulls at the moment.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm still aggravated, more than 20 years later, about having my car broken into right in the line of sight of a security camera at a major metro daily's staff parking lot.

Got my favorite camera bag -- which, while it did not at that moment contain a camera, it did contain a film can.

Filled with really good pot.

Not like you can call the police on that one.

Funny thing - there was a TV sitting in the rear of the car, but no easy way for them to jack it.

3. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I had my car broken into in New York last year. I was there for a Knicks game and I had left the envelope with the two tickets sitting on the passenger seat.

When I came out and saw the car, the envelope was still there, but you guessed it. . . there were now six tickets in it. Damn if I could find four other people who wanted to go.

On a serious note, I made the mistake many years ago of leaving the car unlocked when I stopped at a convenient store to pick up a certain brand of chip dip (stop laughing). I had already picked up a whole bag of snacks for the evening but had to get this certain chip dip. As I was walking in, a guy walked out of the store eating a doughnut. 60 seconds later, I was in my car driving home and I noticed that the bag of snacks I had on the passenger seat had been replaced by a smaller bag with a napkin and a mostly eaten doughnut.

What kind of world do we live in when you can't leave your Doritos in an unlocked car for 60 seconds?

Bastards.

Draft saved Draft deleted