1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Parker: "Shame on Aaron for not being supportive of Bonds"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Did you read this column?

I've had bowel movements that made more sense.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Parker or Boots....?

3. "PEDs have taken over the game and they have caused A LOT of players to dominate the game at the exclusion of guys who would have done it fairly."

There is not an ounce of empirical data on which to base this assessment.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Both, and I'll spot them Mojo the helper monkey...

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Good thing Mojo's got talent, looks and brains...

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Pray.. For... Mojo...

7. boots

boots New Member

Zeke, you don't like the column. Fine. I respect that. I'm tired of people bashing him. There are many who are jealous of where he's at. I wish that would end but it won't.
    All I'm saying is IF you think you can write a better column, do it. Otherwise, move on to another topic. The Parker bashing is very old and I'm not saying this because I know and like the guy, I'm saying it because I'm tired of reading threads about him.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I wouldn't work for the Detroit News if I made powerball jackpot money.
    There's no jealously towrd Rob Parker.
    There are many people in America who write better columns than Rob on a daily basis.
    No one has said they don;t like the guy, like they would a Lupica or an Albom. Everyone likes him personally, but he just can't write and his train of thoght nonsensical. (much like my ability to spell today)
    And if you don;t like reading it, DON'T CLICK ON A FUCKING THREAD FOR A CHANGE

Damn... I need a fucking haircut now

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

bringing new meaning to the phrase "smart ass"

10. boots

boots New Member

First of all, stop labeling people. Who are you to say who everyone likes or dislikes. You wouldn't work for the News but yet you sit back at the Podunk Times and criticize? When you have done it, or better yet, been a position to do it, then I think you can criticize. Until then, get off the guy's back.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

boots, when you start a column "Hank Aaron is a coward," you're inviting virulent criticism.

You're practically begging for it.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

(ppst, boots, slappy works at the Podunk Press. He became separated from the Podunk Times more than a year ago after that unfortunate accident involving the "natural" copies left on the copy machine. apparently the magnification function was just too tempting)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.