1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Parker has returned

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tapintoamerica, Feb 10, 2013.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Per The Big Lead:
    http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/02/07/rob-parker-is-now-writing-for-a-website-in-which-espn-is-a-key-investor/

And in his debut column for his new site, he essentially declines to apologize for the RG III stuff. In case you were curious. He also repeats a conspiracy theory he heard about the Super Bowl: specifically that Jim Harbaugh threw the game in order to let his brother win, among other alleged reasons. I"m not quite sure what the point of the column is. If anybody can explain that theme, please illuminate below.

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

That would require taking the time to read his column.

3. Jwilliams029

Jwilliams029 New Member

Why in the world would anyone give away a Super Bowl game. Especially after the former Raiders' coach was just accused of that very same thing.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Rob Parker working for a guy who might have masturbated in front of Erin Andrews. It's a match made in heaven!

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

6. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

to be fair, he only repeated the harbaugh theory because it's the kind of talk heard in the real black guy barber shop he co-owns

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah. Because Jim Harbaugh would roll over that easily... Wahb is back, a nation yawns

Tho three grafs into this quagmire of a column, it is nice to see that he's going into this color blind...

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

The column has been out for more than a week now. Keith Clinkscales, a former senior VP of content at ESPN and is in charge of the Jet Magazine affiliate.

9. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I didn't read the column - and won't - but took the bait and checked out the site. Interestingly, it's sponsoring something called "Chicken and Waffles," some sort of NBA All-Star Weekend party. In conclusion, Parker and The League of Extraordinary Shadows seem like perfect bedfellows.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If Jim Harbaugh threw the Super Bowl, he should get an Oscar for that acting display on the sideline... Because he definitely sold me on the whole, "I'm not getting my way and I'm going to go batshit insane..." thing.

I've never liked Parker, but if someone wants to hire him, more power to them... It will probably drive up traffic to the place for the first few weeks or so...

11. JackS

JackS Member

Jim Harbaugh's devious plan...

Let bro get out to a 28-6 lead, and then just to cover my altruism, pull the power cord to the 'dome, make a wicked comeback, and pay off the refs to assure pass interference isn't called on the potential game-winning play.

Guy's a genius.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. Like it or not, Parker has a voice and apparently a following.

Draft saved Draft deleted