1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Parker: Douchebag; or ESPN FIGHT!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

God, Rob Parker is the worst.

http://deadspin.com/5946740/espn-personality-rob-parker-pissed-off-every-intelligent-baseball-fan-on-the-internet-today

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Re: Rob Parker: Douchebag or ESPN FIGHT!!!!!!

Brandon McCarthy wins the Internet just about every day. I love that guy.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Rob Parker makes Skip Bayless look like George Will.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The title of this thread is self-evident.

One of ESPN's shouting clowns.

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Same guy that asked the Lions coach if he wished his daughter married a better defensive coordinator?

He got what he wanted out of that bit of bullcrap. He gets to scream on ESPN.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Unlike 99.995% of Wobb's bullshit, that was fully justified -- Moronelli had packed his whole staff with old cronies, drinking buddies, flunkies, relatives, in-laws, nutbag-lickers and similar sycophants (especially ridiculous because Cement Head Rod needed ALL the help he could get). Paid off brilliantly with that 0-16 season.

Wobb is only right about once a decade, but he was right on that one.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It's a good thing Rob's developed his twitter-shit stirring and TV screaming head skills because, as an actual sportswriter, he's one of the worst I've ever read. A complete hack.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Awww... come awn, Starman....

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A friend covered the Olympics and turned to a Gannett editor there and said "You're him. You're The Guy."
    What guy?
    "The guy who quit as sports editor of the XXXX YYYYY rather than have to deal with Rob Parker."

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Even for Deadspin, that's a stupid story. Everyone knows Parker's an idiot, and why woiuld anyone give a shit what he has to say about baseball? And unless Deadspin just picked the lamest retorts to highlight, it doesn't even make a good read. Why so much buzz is given to inane ramblings and feuds on Twitter is beyond me.

11. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

Once again you guys are killing me. I thought this was something serious. Rob Parker is a sports media personality. Part of his charge is to get people talking about him and what he writes. Sounds like Deadspin helped him to that end and this thread is likely helping some, too. I honestly thought the jab at the baseball geeks was kind of funny and not mean-spirited in any way.

As for trying to discredit Parker here, please. Give me a break. All of you guys offering criticism wish you were him and had the opportunity he has earned. To call him a B-list pundit is ridiculous and more ill-informed than what Deadspin is claiming his tweet to be. Parker is an authority on baseball and he writes for New York ESPN. That is A-list all day fellas. Sorry.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Cool story, Rob.

Draft saved Draft deleted