1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Parker controversy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You can assume all you want. Whether you are right or wrong is not the issue...
    Parker needs to go. He's been wrong and reckless more times in the last three months than any other reporter holding a job. Next time, it might create real problems. Serious kind.

I will, however, say my ties to Detroit run a helluva lot deeper than yours ever will. And anytime you want to stop pontificating on all things Detroit, those of us who grew up there, lived there, are from there would truly appreciate and end to your shallow observations on this and other threads.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Slappy. you don't know anything about me. You don't know anything about what I know about Detroit, if I live there or any where else for that matter.
    You say that you don't like Rob as a reporter. That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
    I merely pointed out that Rob is a friend. That goes beyond what he does for a living.
    As a professional I don't like what has transpired and pretty much tried to leave it at that. For some reason, you have taken bits and pieces of posts and formulated an opinion that I am trying to justify what he has done.
    Nothing could be further from the truth.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

And so is just about every columnist at a major metro, apparently. ::)

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

And your point is?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The point is, well, never mind. If you can't figure it out, I won't be able to help you.

6. Sneed

Sneed Guest

*whistle*

Heck of a thread to read for my first time on the SportsJournalists.com boards.

7. KYSportsWriter

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Drip

Drip Active Member

The point is moot other than to create something that I don't want to be a part of Moddy.
    For the most part the discussion about this issue has been pretty cool, in my opinion. I think its been a healthy exchaange of ideas and not too much cat fighting.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome!

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Stick around. We serve a wicked pepper steak.

11. KYSportsWriter

Don't you mean raisin ham?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.