1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Lowe reports Peyton Manning will retire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Good points, but Irsay is the boss. All the idiot had to do was keep his word that he wouldn't talk about it, lay off Twitter for a few days and act like he's hosting a big event. He couldn't do any of it. You wonder if the organization even has PR personnel advising him that all of this is looking pretty bush-league, on the brightest stage.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Even if PR personnel are advising him, they can't grab his smartphone at 1:30 a.m. when he's by himself. As we've learned with Susan G. Komen, executives often take action without fulling thinking through the consequences.

3. Herbert Anchovy

I don't think it's coincidental these asinine and often literally incoherent tweets are happening on the wrong side of midnight.

4. Herbert Anchovy

One final post as I do not wish to dominate the discussion. I think we can agree this is a more compelling story than the game, by this point.

And I would argue this might not have blown up the way it has if these two teams and their star players were simply more interesting. Tom Brady actually said the other day, with a straight face, that the team which plays better football on Sunday will win the game.

Moving on. When observers of the circus the Fords have run for the last 50 years point out what a joke this has become, you have a pretty dysfunctional organization on your hands.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/02/03/jamie-samuelsen-manning-irsay-feud-shows-that-we-have-it-pretty-good-here-in-detroit/

5. derwood

derwood Active Member

No.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Take a look around, nobody is talking about the game this week.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not sure I would say nobody is talking about the game, but I think this is overshadowing it.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Dude, they're even asking the other players about it. Guys like Matt Hasselbeck who are really only doing an interview to pitch their product.

Name one interesting game storyline from the week other than Gronk's ankle.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Did anyone watch Parks & Rec last night? I wonder if this is why Chris was so depressed.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I said I agree it's overshadowing it.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

"Millicent Gergrich Peyton Manning has literally torn my heart from my body, and replaced it with a thick slab of sadness. I may never smile again."

12. derwood

derwood Active Member

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7543001

Draft saved Draft deleted