1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rob Lowe reports Peyton Manning will retire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Um, what?

https://twitter.com/#!/roblowe

"As first reported by former sex-tape star Rob Lowe and confirmed by ESPN's Chris Mortsensen and TNT's David Aldridge, Peyton Manning will retire as quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts."

2. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

We have learned that Peyton Manning will retire.

In other news, Cam Newton will also retire...after he's done playing, just like Peyton Manning!

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

[​IMG]

That is, LIT-er-al-ly, the worst tweet, I have seen, in my life.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The deliciousness of Rob Lowe getting this scoop, and what that says about the state of media today, really makes me want to believe this is true. Sorry, Bob.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I think Officer Koharski gave him a few too many body cavity searches.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm not buying it until I hear it from #charliesheen. WINNING!!

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

That was a joke, LTL.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I know. I just figured you'd be somewhat bummed if Manning really did retire. I'm not rooting either way, but I am rooting for a ROB LOWE!!!! tweet to be the biggest scoop of the NFL off-season.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

As a Colts fanboi looser, I've had time to consider the possibility all this blessedly awful season. Certainly, knowing that Andrew Luck is around the corner takes the sting out of an injury-induced Manning retirement. But even if Luck wasn't coming, every indication from Manning himself has been that his healing -- at least enough to play in the NFL again -- might not happen. It's hard to imagine Manning not coming back, but medically it seems like a long shot.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I won't believe this news until two more members of the "About Last Night" cast confirm it.

11. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

This is a scoop, a scoop of pralines and dick.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd prefer to hear this from Outsiders... C. Thomas Howell just confirmed it. Still waiting on Ralph Macchio. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted