1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Road trip to Chicago advice needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I actually caught a Cubs game at Wrigley -- my Dad is from Chicago -- on a beautiful August day in 1998. Kerry Wood on the mound in his rookie year and Sosa hit one out of the park. Cubs beat the COlorado Rockies something like 9-3. Of course that was all before the whole steroids thing hit the fan, but the memory is not ruined, still one of my all time favourites. Unfortunately the Cubs season this year will end before October. Does anyone know if they will still be doing Wrigley tours then?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Standard Wrigley tours available through October 3. For info re anything later than that, you may wish to call offices.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That Northwestern MSU game might actually be alright, anyone know their prospects for the coming year? I follow the Big 12 much more closely, as up here all we really get on TV for Big 10 is OSU and Michigan and every once in a while Wisconsin if they are having a good season, where as I really make an effort to follow the Big 12.

But if Iowa does have that great atmosphere it might be worth the what four hour drive? someone said. Should easily be the best game. Hell we'll be driving through the Dakotas and we're from the Canadian prairies so four hours of more farm land should just be more of what we are used to :)

Thanks again everyone, can always count on you guys for help in these matters.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Yeah thought I might be cutting that one a little late.

Draft saved Draft deleted