1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

road trip thoughts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pallister, Nov 16, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

The drive south on I-24 from Nashville to Chattanooga is amazing. The colors were still out on the trees, and there's no shortage of incredible views of mountains, rivers, lakes, etc.

Uncle Tupelo's Anodyne is the perfect soundtrack to the aforementioned drive.

There are more construction barriers than state troopers on I-75 through Georgia, but just barely.

Gov't Mule frontman Warren Haynes must have 14 fingers to play guitar the way he does.

Ravens fans are surprisingly cool when wasted.

There is a dearth of Titans fans on the streets of Nashville.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

You drove by my in-law's house on that route. You shoulda stopped and said hello.

If you didn't stop and eat at one of the fine establishments on Monteagle Mountain before moving on ... you missed a good meal. I'm especially partial to High Point. Damn fine.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I drive tht stretch at least four times a year. I'll remember that next time.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

What amazes me about him was how he was playing with the Allman Brothers Band, Mule and solo acoustic pretty much all at the same time.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

He never seems to take a day off.

6. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Driving through Tennessee this time of year is amazing. A few weeks ago I drove from Knoxville to Nashville and I wanted to pull over and take pictures every mile or so.

Draft saved Draft deleted