1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Road to Omaha begins -- NCAA baseball tourney field announced

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TrooperBari, May 26, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Shocker! 8) ;D

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Does each conference get an auto bid?

If not, I'm trying to figure out how 25-32 Eastern Michigan got a bid. Was it to be batting practice fodder for Arizona?

Oh and slappy, where are the Broncos at? :D

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

It's the only way Eastern Illinois got in.

They'll get shellacked.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Western teams getting screwed without being kissed. Imagine that. ::)

That ASU-Long Beach-Cal SR bracket is the definition of the Group O' Death.

UCLA, Rider, Virginia? I still like the Titans' chances of making their annual pilgrimage to Omaha, provided Fullerton's in-state kryptonite -- Stanford -- isn't standing in their way.

Then again, I'm Looser Fanboi Titan alum. ;D ;D ;D

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

EIU is in? I skimmed over that regional. They will get bitch-slapped something fierce.

And I might join OTR in the Wichita State beer giveaway, if Gene Stephenson doesn't stalk me and have one of his pitcher's throw at me first.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

With KU gone, I'm at the opposite end. Go Shockers!

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm calling bullshiton that Missouri prediction. The 'Canes win that region going away.

Shocked that Clemson didn't make it. Thought hammering Ga Tech in the ACC tourn. would get them in.

And the Gators don't deserve a No. 2 seed anywhere. They got punked in the SEC.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

So will Eastern Michigan.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Clemson finished 11-18-1 in the ACC. No shocker there at all. And that GT hammering came one night after they got mercy-ruled by N.C. State.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

At home, trying to figure out another way to hang the EMU coach for sending love-letter emails to his whole fundraising base instead of his other woman.

11. Simon

Simon Active Member

I'm calling bullshit on the Mizzou prediction as well.

No relief pitching what so ever. They're going to struggle to get past Ole Miss let alone Miami. Although, last year was the first time the Hurricanes didn't win a regional and it was in Columbia...

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

So it will be Bucknell that will knock Florida State out this year?

Followed of course by a few weeks of a whole bunch of rationalizations by Seminoles fans that they indeed had the best team, just were snake bit........

Draft saved Draft deleted