1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rivals.com operation

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ToddMish, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Todd-

If you'd like, I can hit a couple of corporate guys up on AIM if you'd like, though the guys I've worked with are generally in the college network.

And I have to agree with Bryan, that Rivals has been hit by the economy, like everyone else. Anyone who's in the company and speaking honestly about it will tell you that. It's still the No. 1 source for recruiting, but ever since the Yahoo! merger, I feel like things really started to change. When Kendall Rogers left because Rivals cut the college baseball site, that was a huge bullet to swallow.

2. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Just an observation: If you're trying to get in touch with a potential employer or business partner, the best way probably IS NOT to bitch and moan on a public message board about how hard it is to reach them.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I had that same thought, although they certainly did come out of the woodwork for this thread.

4. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

One would think this would be conventional wisdom, but this is pretty much exactly what happens on Twitter (Facebook to a lesser extent) and companies are bending over backward to accommodate the complainers.

Draft saved Draft deleted