1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Yves Saint Laurent

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

AP

PARIS — Legendary designer Yves Saint Laurent, who reworked the rules of fashion by putting women into elegant pantsuits that came to define how modern women dressed, died Sunday evening, a longtime friend and associate said. He was 71.

Pierre Berge, Saint Laurent's business partner for four decades, said he had died at his Paris home following a long illness.

A towering figure of 20th century fashion, Saint Laurent was widely considered the last of a generation that included Christian Dior and Coco Chanel and made Paris the fashion capital of the world, with the Rive Gauche, or Left Bank, as its elegant headquarters.

In the fast-changing world of haute couture, Saint Laurent was hailed as the most influential and enduring designer of his time. From the first YSL tuxedo and his trim pantsuits to see-through blouses, safari jackets and glamorous gowns, Saint Laurent created instant classics that remain stylish decades later.

Berge praised Saint Laurent as the man who marked "the second half of the 20th century" in fashion.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I guess Christ needed to update that robe.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I hope my obit says I took women out of pants.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

He was openly gay, so I'm not sure if he got any thrill from getting women out of their pants.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

RIP Yves Saint Laurent.

And, you people are slow. No Hillary jokes?!

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I do.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

She didn't kill him..........................................................................................as far as we know.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I purchased an Yves Saint Laurent sports coat on Saturday afternoon, I believe the only piece of Yves Saint Laurent anything I've ever owned. Coincidence? I fucking hope so.

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I'd guess he died after watching the Sex And The City movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted