1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Wiarton Willie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Blasphemer, you're going to Hell for that entire second paragraph.

No, it wasn't at or near the Harb. It was in a municipal parking lot behind a Chinese food restaurant. As an aside to our bar situation, though, we now have one fewer tavern in the Sound. The 135-year-old Queen's Hotel, known in recent years as Beach Brothers, was bulldozed on Monday. I stole some bricks from the rubble on my way home from work that night -- I did a lot of drinking in that place, I'm entitled to something out of it.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, I've been to the Queens.

Have they figured out the motive for the murder? Meth lab quarrel gone bad? :)

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ahem, what part of that second graf isn't true?

And I thought all of Owen Sound was near the Harb. Hope Norma Jean's wasn't harmed in any way...

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Everyone in town has a theory -- the victim was a sort-of prominent businessman -- but the cops weren't saying much of anything yesterday. Maybe there'll be more to come today? I'm on my way to find out!

This place is two blocks north of the Harb, the Queen's and Norma Jean's. Okay, I guess that's near in the sense that, where you live, "near" means anything within a couple of miles. :)

Regarding your second graf, Detroit does not have better hockey and baseball and I wouldn't admit it even if it were true (which it's not) and the CFL still rules over the No Fun League. Perhaps not in talent, but as far as entertainment value is concerned there's no comparison.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

How come there's nothing on the Sun-Times website? However, I did find out Meaford has an official song. What gives?

Seriously, how many murders does Owen Sound average in a year? One or two, maybe?

6. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I hear he was a shadow of his former self.

YHS, etc

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

He'll be here all week, folks!

Draft saved Draft deleted